The official site of Scottish band Idlewild
11th July, 2014 (339 comments)
- August 21st - Milton Keynes, Stables theatre
- August 22nd - Hove, Old Market theatre
- August 23rd - Purbeck folk festival
- October 3rd - Tobermory, Isle of Mull An Tobar
- October 4th - Tobermory, Isle of Mull, An Tobar SOLD OUT
- October 5th - Duart Castle, Isle of Mull SOLD OUT
- October 6th - Sleat, Isle of Skye, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
- October 7th - Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, An Lanntair
- October 9th - Ullapool, Arch Inn SOLD OUT
Tour Diary - Scottish Highlands & Islands
12th November, 2014 (12 comments)
Day 1: Friday October 3rd - Tobermory, Isle of Mull, An Tobar
‘There may it chance upon a quiet isle’
Unlike the rest of the band (travelling in from Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively) I don’t have far to go for this show - I’ve brought the family along today and so we spend a leisurely afternoon in the metropolis of Tobermory heading up the back brae to An Tobar for a soundcheck later in the afternoon.
NEW ALBUM / EUROPEAN TOUR 2015 / SPECIAL LONDON SHOW ON WEDNESDAY
3rd November, 2014 (23 comments)
You can now pre-order our new album ‘Everything Ever Written’ and get a first look at tickets for next year’s UK dates. Pre-order here.
We’ll also be playing a special acoustic show with very limited capacity this Wednesday at London’s King’s Head. Get tickets here.
29th September, 2014 (4 comments)
We’ll be in the studio with Steve Lamacq at BBC 6 Music on Nov 3rd chatting about Idlewild’s forthcoming plans…
21st July, 2014 (422 comments)
…And so finally after over four years of inactivity we have a new website up and running. Webmaster Wayne has set it up and new things will be added as new things happen.
Last weekends inaugural Iona village hall music festival was a great success, and a very mellow & good-natured weekend of lovely food, drink & music. The weather worked in our favour as well, which it doesn’t always do in the Hebrides. Spending a sunny Friday evening sitting outside the village hall drinking ale, as the sounds of the Hazy Janes drifted by – it was very nice indeed.